If you want to fade the appearance of forehead wrinkles and lines, you’ve got plenty of options out there. Two of the most popular options include Botox and Xeomin, two FDA-approved injections that help minimize moderate forehead wrinkles, frown lines, and even crow’s feet.
But what are the differences between Botox and Xeomin? And how can you tell which one is right for you?
Botox and Xeomin: What Are the Similarities?
There are plenty of similarities between Botox and Xeomin, which is likely why it’s difficult for patients to choose the right anti-wrinkle option for them. Let’s take a closer look at these similarities:
- Both injections are approved by the FDA to smooth away the appearance of forehead wrinkles and frown lines.
- Both injections interrupt the brain’s signals to the nerve endings at the targeted site, helping to relax treated muscles.
- Botox and Xeomin results last for about three to four months before another round of injections are needed.
- Both Botox and Xeomin are dosed in similar ways; 20 units of Botox is extremely similar to 20 units of Xeomin in strength.
Botox & Xeomin Consultations Available
What Are the Differences Between Botox and Xeomin?
There are some key differences between Botox and Xeomin injections that could be a deciding factor in determining which anti-wrinkle treatment is right for you. These wrinkles include:
- Xeomin uses a single ingredient to achieve its effect; this protein is botulinum toxin type A. Botox uses the same active ingredient but binds it with other proteins to concoct its formula.
- If you have a resistance to Botox, Xeomin could still be a treatment option for you. Xeomin does not contain the same proteins as botox, so it could be a viable anti-aging alternative for patients with a Botox resistance.
- Most patients are able to see Botox results after about three days, while Xeomin results may require four to five days before appearing.
- Xeomin does not have to be refrigerated, unlike its Botox counterpart.
Darlene is amazing.. so experienced and amazing (especially with her botox!) I would recommend!